How to Wipe a Chromebook
Open the Chromebook
- Press ESC + + POWER. The screen displays a yellow exclamation point (!).
- Press CTRL + D to begin dev mode, then ENTER. The screen displays a red exclamation point. This process may take 15 minutes.
- Press CTRL + D. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. The deletion takes approximately 15 minutes.
- When the transaction completes, press the spacebar, then press ENTER to return to verified mode.
- Chromebook will restart
- Join the Chromebook to the wireless network
- Turn on the Chrome device and follow the onscreen instructions until you see the sign on screen. Do not sign in yet.
- Before signing in to the Chrome device, press the key combination Ctrl-Alt-E. The enrollment screen appears.
- Enter the username and password from your Google admin welcome letter, or the username and password for an existing Google Apps user on your account.
- Click Enroll device. You will receive a confirmation message that the device has been successfully enrolled.