If you don’t want to read the tiny print on the bottom of your device, simply press Alt + V to display a Chromebook serial number.
Do you see this message occasionally in Microsoft Outlook?
This happens when Outlook is configured to download only newer messages (usually 12 months). If you want your old emails to stay available offline, adjust “Mail to keep offline” to All:
- Start Outlook.
- On the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- On the E-mailtab, double-click your Microsoft Exchange account.
- In the Change Accountdialog box, drag the Mail to keep offline slider to the desired number of months or to All to synchronize all email messages.
5. On the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings
6. On the E-mail tab, double-click your Microsoft Exchange account
7. In the Change Account dialog box, drag the Mail to keep offline slider to the desired number of months or to All to synchronize all email messages.
When Apple TV’s run updates, they will not Airplay automatically as usual.
A screen will appear asking where your Apple TV is, which makes it look like it went back to factory settings. However, this is simply a data-gathering prompt from Apple.
To get the screen to disappear, click on one of the options (Ex: “living room”) and you will be able to Airplay as usual.
How to activate your Team Drive
- Log into Google Admin Browse to Apps -> Gsuite -> Drive and Docs
- Click on Sharing Settings
- Uncheck Prevent users in (domain name) from creating new Team Drives
If your computer is not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet connection, it may be that your machine is not receiving IP addresses. Here is a solution to this problem:
1. Open Google Admin Console2. Select Device Management3. Select Chrome Management from the options on the left4. Select User Settings5. Make sure you are in the correct organization/sub-organization from the list on the left6. Scroll down and locate the Content section7. Scroll down and locate Plug-ins section8. In the allow Plug-ins on These Sites text box enter the site you want to allow plug-ins to run on9. Select to save in the lower right-hand corner
If your company uses Google Drive, you may need to gain access to the entirety an employee’s files if they leave the company. In order to do this, you will need to change the ownership of that employee’s files using the following steps:
- Log into your company’s Google Admin Console
- Click Apps -> G Suite -> Drive and Docs
- Click Transfer ownership. Fill in the emails of the old owner and new owner.
- Click Transfer Files.
- The old owner will still be able to view the files until you suspend their account.
If you only need to transfer ownership of singular files, follow these steps:
- Note that only the owner of the file can transfer the ownership
- Highlight the file or document you would like to transfer ownership of
- Click share -> advanced
- Click the dropdown menu next to the name of the person who you would like to be owner -> click “is owner.”
Unfortunately, Google Drive does not currently support transferring whole folders and subfolders, so ownership of singular files must be transferred individually.
Two ways to create a shared folder in Google
- Create a server account (Ex: “Company Name” Server”) – this is best if you need to share subfolders.
- Transfer folder ownership as you migrate
- Always transfer documents before removing a user, as the user’s documents will disappear.
- Have the employees add the shared folder to My Drive so it shows up in Google Filestream
- Use the Team drives – best for simple departmental sharing
- The advantage of team drives is that you do not need to transfer ownership if someone leaves.
- However, you cannot import folders, and you cannot share subfolders. (You must share each document individually).
To change a chromebook to mirror display, do this:
1.Log into the Chromebook as yourself
2.Go to Chrome://settings
3.Search for Display
4. Click on the display settings and Check the box next to Mirror Internal Display
What to do if you see the “Unwanted” folder appear in Outlook despite your not having created it:
- Check to make sure there are no non-desirable add-ins present in Outlook
- Select File
- Select Options
- Select Add-ins
- Remove/Disable any add-ins you do not need
If removing add-ins does not alleviate the issue check your Android phone:
- Open the Mail application
- At the bottom of the phone screen look for the icon with three horizontal lines and select the button
- Select Settings
- Select Spam Addresses
- Remove any addresses from the list that you deem non-spam related